Friday, January 6, 2012

The View from Where I Sit (6/365)

My cat, Smudge, sitting "where he belongs"... right in front of my laptop on the kitchen table. It's either him or his brother Shadow -- they're from the same litter -- occupying the space between the edge of the table and the edge of the laptop. Sometimes, both of them are nestled there. They curl between my forearms as I type.

I love those moments of cuddles and snuggles. They are both extremely affectionate and since the arrival of the baby, they are rather envious of the time I now need to devote to my daughter.

My boys are 16 now. God willing, they will be 17 in August. Born in 1995, I got them in Japan when they were approximately 7 weeks old. I brought them back to Canada in June of 1996, and they've been a big part of my life. I adore them.

I have to say though, typing with them curled up between my forearms, or sleeping with them both curled in a ball together between my calves, well, those are definitely acquired abilities! Shadow is such a cuddlebun and so insistent on being close, I even learned to play my online game with him sleeping on my forearms! The things we do for love.


No comments:

Post a Comment