Monday, January 23, 2012

Acronym Conundrum (23/365)

OHSS.

I write about infertility, and I learned about OHSS a number of years ago. For those who may not know, OHSS is Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. It occurs when overstimulated ovaries (because of medication) become fluid filled and a plethora of symptoms can follow in a matter of days. From what I know of it, having never experienced it, women should seek medical assistance fairly early if that extreme sense of bloating occurs.

However, all day yesterday, I was in a meeting for the Health and Safety Committee. And all day, I stared at the acronym OHSS...

Occupational Health and Safety Section.

I confess, my brain took awhile to shift gears.

I apologize for publishing late; I was tired last night and went to bed early.
Backdating this one to yesterday so I don't get myself too confuzzled!




No comments:

Post a Comment