Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Handmade AND Bells! (4/365)

My mother's handiwork this time!

These are crocheted bells, starched to within an inch of their lives and they must be about 25 or 30 years old. Mom made them when I was much younger. She made them for herself in fact and when she updated her decorations years ago, she was going to toss them out. I claimed them, happy to have saved them from an unfortunate demise.

They now hang in my home. Despite my having done my utmost to preserve them and their shape, they are looking a little old and tattered. This year as I was digging out my decorations and hanging them, I took a moment to call my mom. I asked her if sometime between now and next Christmas, could she take a few moments to crochet me a new set. And then I paused.

"Do you think you could do two sets, Mom?"

"Sure," she replied. "Why two though?"

"One for me... one for my daughter. She might like to have something that Nana did for her too."

No comments:

Post a Comment