Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weekly Tasks (47/365)

On Thursday every week we get the flyers; a bunch of circulars from grocery stores, furniture stores, electronics shops, etc. is dropped in my mailbox.

And every week, I sit down with the flyers to look at the home improvement stores and dream about upgrading the house. But in reality, the task that I do with the flyers every week is much more mundane than that...




I use the flyers to plan a weekly or two-week schedule of meals.




The flyers help me comparison shop and determine the menu for our family for the next two weeks. I print out a copy of the menu and post it on the fridge. Below the menu, I make a list of food that we need to buy (and where to buy it on sale!) to make sure the meals are done on time and on budget.




Such is my task. It's not fun. But it helps us organize our weeks and it permits me to schedule planned events or special meals. It also helps because Hubby works nights so it's usually just me and Petite; by doing this menu plan, Hubby can determine if he can prep something for me beforehand. Or I can see just how often we have fish on the menu. Things like that.




Doing this is just one of the little things that helps our household run more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment