Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Tax Man Cometh (36/365)

I'm behind. Only by one year, but I'm behind.

In 2009, Petite was born. I was off on maternity leave and I simply never got around to doing my taxes until sometime in 2010. I had to pay in; not a huge amount, but I had to pay in.

That done, I knew I had to file for 2010 as well... and I still haven't done that. I suspect I'll have to pay in for 2010 as well, so I've let it slide a bit. Money's been tight with Hubby finding his footing in a new career.

I just picked up the software for the 2011 tax year. I hoped to file 2010 and 2011 together, with the expectation that what I owed in 2010 will be paid by what I expect to get back in 2011. Alas, Revenue Canada is now on my ass and has delivered a registered letter asking me to file in the next 30 days for 2010. Bugger.

I'd best get a move on. Now where are those T4s for 2011?
(NOTE: Our Internet and phone connection was down for a few days. While I took these photos, I was unable to post. So today, Wednesday February 8, I'm uploading a few posts at the same time. Hope that's okay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment