Thursday, March 15, 2012

New 'Baby' (75/365)

My desktop died a few weeks ago. It was a quick death; we tried to reboot it to reconnect the network after moving a few things around and it decided that it wasn't healthy enough to boot up. Luckily the hard drive was safe and sound so hubby immediately started uploading photos to an online storage spot just in case. (Gotta love Cloud Computing.)

Anyway, after a bit of searching, I bought this new laptop. Honestly, my desktop was at my desk in the basement. I spent many nights there before Petite arrived, gaming with my friends (both RL and IG). Now that Petite is the focus of my life, I rarely get to log in anymore, and that's okay. But now and then when I have time, I like to log in. Yet with the desktop in the basement, I never got downstairs for any length of time. (We own a bungalow with a finished basement.)


In any case, now that I have a good laptop upstairs, I can hopefully log in now and then. The laptop ought to be able to run my game (EQII) without too much trouble. I'm crossing my fingers!

2 comments:

  1. My old desktop was giving me grief about two years ago. I had my sister's boyfriend log in remotely & have a look, and he informed me my hard drive could go at any time. So I bought my first laptop. I have never regretted it (although my knees are decidedly creakier from having a laptop& lapdesk balanced on them every night...!). I know dh used to complain about feeling lonely while I holed myself upstairs in the "office" on the computer every night -- it's nice to be in the same room, even if we're doing different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to agree, it's much nicer to be around family members and knowing I'm involved while I'm still able to check my e-mail and get on with the goofy Farmville games or whatever! Holing up in the basement was okay when I was younger and wanted to have some alone time. But now, not so much. Priorities change as we age, and it's nice to sit in bed with Hubby and talk with him as we surf... he loved my new laptop so much, he bought one too!

    ReplyDelete