Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Her Old Self Again (122/365)

Petite stayed home today after yesterday's and last night's fever. The fever seemed to spike around 4 or 5 a.m. but by 6:30 we had a normal temperature reading for her. She'd been up a few times during the night; none of us slept incredibly well. After talking to her caregiver, who expressed a desire for me to ensure that Petite was indeed well again and it wasn't just a temporary lull, only to see the fever spike again later in the day, I opted to stay home and care for her. 

At some point in the morning, Petite recalled the fun she had in the bath yesterday. She looked up at me in all seriousness and remarked, "Mommy, I so dirty. I need take a bath," accompanied by a fervent nod and a grin. "Oh, you're dirty are you?" I inquired, knowing she simply wanted to play. "Yep. I so so so so dirty. Come Mommy." She tugged at my hand. "Come make bath for me. I so dirty." 

I laughed. 

And then I ran the bath for her. She was in there for almost an hour solid; her fingers looked like shrivelled up grapes, so wrinkly was her soft skin! 

I'm glad she's back to her old self again though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment