Monday, April 30, 2012

The Plague Returns (121/365)

Petite was especially clingy this morning. But I took her to daycare assuming it was just one of those 'Mommy-I-don't-wanna-get-up' days. At daycare I had to hand her off to the caregiver; she was just sooo tired. In my car on the way to work, the caregiver called me: she thought Petite was warm and checked her temp. It came in at 100.3. I continued on my way and told her to keep me posted please, that I would pick her up if needs be. 

That was at 8:05. At 9:15 the caregiver called: her temp was up to 101.2. Crap. I rearranged things and left to pick her up. She dozed in the car on the way home, and upon arriving at home, I handed a somewhat sleepy girl off to Hubby, and I turned to go back out to get the rest of our things from the car. When I opened the front door the second time, I was met with Hubby's voice, "She just threw up." Oh lovely. 


And thus began the day/night of fever, worry and unease. Her fever spiked at 103.7, and I insisted she sleep in our bed (which, by the way, isn't all that comfortable with two adults, a feverish toddler and two cats sprawled horizontally, and who refuse to move for love nor money!). We plied her with Tylenol as directed on the bottle, watching her temp and trying to bring down the fever. She did enjoy a bath later in the day to freshen up and she had a Mr. Freeze or three to comfort her. She napped a bit. But most of her day was just spent snuggled in our bed, sorta like this picture illustrates. It wasn't a fun day. That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment