Friday, May 4, 2012

Gratitude (125/365)

I worked early this morning; Hubby and I are covering off because Petite's daycare is closed. I was sitting at my desk, working away, when my boss walked in. He had this flower arrangement in his hands and surprised, he said, "Oh! I didn't expect you to be in! I was just going to drop this off. This is from all the managers and me to show our thanks for all that you do to help us. It's really appreciated." 

I blinked, stunned. And then I found the words to thank him so much for his thoughtfulness. He followed that with, "The managers are taking you girls (i.e., admin staff and those not belonging to one of the sections directly) out for breakfast in about 20 minutes. Would you like a ride or...?" 

Colour me pleasantly surprised. And thankful. What a lovely way to welcome the day. The arrangement is in a copper kettle and has gerberas, miniature roses and lilac. So sweet. 



As one of the admins said to me later in the day, "I bet you didn't get that at your old job did you?" underscoring the vast differences between my substantive position at another location, in another directorate within the organization, and my current position which is technically temporary... but they keep finding a way to retain me (yay!). I replied to her, "Honey, they didn't even know my name back at the old building... let alone give me flowers! Or chocolates at Christmas!" How nice it is to hear "thank-you for a job well done." 

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this will be a duplicate, but that sounds like an awesome dept. Hope they keep ya!

    ReplyDelete