Monday, May 28, 2012

Another Year Goes By (149/365)

Today was my birthday. I turned 42. Though in all honesty, I don't recall getting to be 42. Where did those years go? 

I spent my birthday alone. Hubby had to work. I had to work. Petite was at daycare. It was a Monday. Ho hum. A few people at work wished me Happy Birthday, which was nice. 


Truthfully though, I was a little disappointed. I don't expect all the fanfare of course. Not at all.

But Hubby actually forgot my birthday, until much later in the day when he texted me an apology and left a message on my phone at work. Yes, I had an e-mail or two. And yes, thanks to Facebook, I had 70-something of my friends post a quick birthday wish. That was nice. I was taking care of Petite tonight so I didn't really even have time to talk to the family members that called. The couple I took time to speak with meant that our routine was delayed; Petite never got IN the bath until after 8:00!!! That just doesn't bode well for tomorrow.

Anyway, it is what it is. Another day gone by. Another year gone by. Another year older.

And still so many things left undone...

No comments:

Post a Comment