Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cuddle Buns (154/365)

My boys. Cuddled up tightly. 

This is Shadow, curled against my forearm as I lie in bed. He simply cannot get any closer. I keep thinking he's trying to merge his cells with mine. Alas. Cat cells and human cells in two separate masses simply do not mix well. But he is persevering; stubborn boy. In younger days, Shadow used to jump from the floor into my arms. I knew Hubby was the guy for me when Shadow did the same thing to him... the first day Hubby walked in my door!


And while Shadow is curled in my left forearm, Smudge is lying atop my right hip; I'm on my left side in bed. No joke. He sometimes sleeps there (I don't move much). He's quite content. He did turn around to oblige me for the photo though! 


Between the two of them, I'm frequently pinned down and unable to move an inch at night. Sometimes that's tough. But they will be 17 years old this year. One of these days, they won't be there to cuddle and I will be all sorts of mess trying to comprehend it. 

For now, I cuddle them tightly and enjoy it. Every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment